August can consult with your firm on the issues it might be facing. For example:
- Retirement / Succession Planning
- Resolution of Partnership Issues
- Managing Partners Coaching
- Review of Partnership Agreements
- Managing Partner Selection
- Candidate Search
- Practice Valuation
- Practice and Cultural Assessments
- Negotiation and Contract Assistance
- Integration Assistance
- Strategic Planning
- Operational Excellence / Benchmarking the Practice
- Client Profitability Analysis
- Billing and Collections Analysis
- Performance Management and Goal Setting
- Customized Partner Retreats and Workshops
- Partner Compensation Plans
I have been honored to work with hundreds of accounting and law firms during the past 30 years ranging from sole practitioners to firms with more than 300 owners. While I bring a wealth of knowledge to the client, I am also acutely aware of how much I continue to learn from my client engagements. My past engagement solutions include the following:
Top 100 Firm - Developed a detailed succession planning process and facilitated a strategic planning retreat for the management committee.
Top 100 Firm - Designed a partner compensation plan.
Local East Coast Firm - Assisted the managing partner in developing a new partnership agreement and identified the key issues in each article of the agreement.
Major Midwest Firm - Assisted in the sale of one of its divisions to a publicly traded company.
Local East Coast Firm - Assisted in the acquisition of a $1 million tax practice.
Great Lakes Firm – Developed succession plan process for managing partner.
South Central Firm - Developed a strategic alliance structure between the firm and another consulting company. Also, completed an operational efficiency analysis and assisted in the development of Class A and Class B stock.
Midwest Top 100 Firm - Developed and facilitated annual partners’ retreat.
West Coast Firm - Introduced managing partner to private equity funds, facilitated strategic planning session for management team and consulted on the development of more efficient tax processing.
Two-partner Midwest firm - Facilitated partner separation and valuation of the practice.
Large California Firm - Facilitated the development of the firm’s first strategic plan.